water heater gas shut off valve
How To Turn Off Your WaterHeater?
Did you notice a water leak or running out of your garage once youreached home? Maybe the problem is your water heater! Try to check the waterheater pan, if it started to accumulate water or not.
If you have a water leak, the pilot light goes out, gas leaks; itis ideal to know how to turn off hot water heater very carefully. If you areasking yourself “Should I turn off water heater if water is off?”, then youhave to read the following.
Turning off your water heater before starting any maintenanceprocess is an essential step to take. If you have access to the supply pipping& the back setting of your water heater, the process of water heater shutoff will be very simple.
Here are the easiest ways to turn off your water heater:
· First, you need to find your water heater. Probably you willfind it in the garage or energy closets.
· Then, if you have a gas water heater, try to locate thetemperature dial that you will find it at the bottom of your tank, in thefront, when you find it turn it off.
If you have an electric water heater, find the breaker box andswitch it off. Mainly you will find it on the outer house wall or inside yourgarage.
· Next, search for the plumbing line, where you can actually findit at or near the top of your water heater. Turn off the water supply valve!
· Later, in case you want to drain your water heater, do this now!Connect a garden hose to the heater’s drain and then put the hose outside orinside a bucket to drain the water.
· Last, try to find the gas supply & valve. You will find itright next to the water heater. Turn off gas water heater knob to be able to dowater heater gas shut off valve and the gas supply.
Finally, you are almost done!Just find the relief valve as you can find it at the top or near the waterheater. Turn the valve on and the air will now flow again inside the tank.
And That’s it!
Now you are ready to begin your water heatermaintenance safely. Call Plumber Irving Texas asking for aid and don’t worry wewill never fail you down!
© Copyright 2015-2019 www.plumbingdallastxpro.com